Saturday, March 22, 2008

Spring Break is gone already...

Spring Break was a total blast, but it went by way too fast!  My dad had meetings in Nashville this week, so mom and I decided to tag along on government money.  We spent many days shopping WAY too much, but it was fun.  I got some totally cute black and white polka dotted wedge heels.  I also got this interesting piece of artwork to hang in our kitchen, Tim liked it at first, but has since decided he no longer does...whatever!  I surprised some of the girls I worked with at the Waldron by going by to see them on Tuesday morning.  Leitte and I went to lunch and hung out for awhile.  I also got to see Larissa and have dinner.  It was nice to catch up with everyone.  
Once again, like I do every time I go to Nashville, I came home and told Tim I was ready to move back.  It was my decision to leave Nashville and come to Memphis and while I don't regret it, I still miss it a lot.  My college friends are still there, the teachers I started my teaching career with are there, and 6 years of my life are there.  Maybe one day, Tim likes to rub it in sometimes that it was my choice to move here, however I think that if I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY wanted o move back right now, he would.  I know how much he loves his job here and I don't have the heart to ask him to give that up for me to move back to my friends.  I mean I wanted to come back here to be closer to my family especially after my grandfather passed away and I was living up there.  
Tim and I worked hard yesterday in the yard, we got all of the crab grass and weeds out of the yard and flower beds.  Tim put down Scott's Starter Fertilizer since we have newly sodded grass and some Pre-Emergent.  It felt good to get that all accomplished, now GROW GRASS, GROW.  Katey had fun eating the weeds until we made her go in since we were getting ready to put chemicals down.  
I got some Spring cleaning done and got all the blankets and winter cuddling stuff washed, dried, and smelling fresh for next winter.  We have had a very productive weekend.
Oh, and one last thing, for those you that may or may not know, I have been trying to come up with a theme for decorating my scrap studio.  I have been leaning towards red, black, and white, but that requires painting all of the furniture.  I have an armoire in there that Tim does not want to have to move again, so I have a new theme...a day at the beach.  I am very excited, I already have lots of buckets that I use to store my supplies, the furniture can all stay the same color and all I have to do is ACCESSORIZE!! Which many of you know is my favorite thing to do!
Anyway, tomorrow is Easter and today we are going up to Bolivar to Tim's grandparents for a fish fry.  I hope I get some planning done on the way there.  I totally have put it off this week and I was too busy packing to move into the building that I didn't worry about it the week before.
Katey has enjoyed this warm, sunny weather this week too, and is ready for more to come.
  

No comments: