Friday, January 1, 2010

Merry Belated Christmas!

WOW! We have had a very busy Christmas break! I feel like I need two more weeks just to recover from these past two weeks. We had fun, but it has been exhausting!

We started the break by having lunch with "aunt" Susan. We met up at Bahama Breeze and Lyllian was very well behaved. We had a great time visiting with "aunt" Susan.

We started our Christmas festivities at Tim's dad's house in Trenton. Lyllian slept most of the time we were there, but woke up in time for presents. I think her favorite present from Grandma & Grandpa was a little pig that played O Christmas Tree. She thought it was the funniest thing ever.
We left Tim's dad's and head to my parents for Christmas Eve. Lyllian had a lot of fun watching everyone. I really thought she would love the wrapping paper, but she only liked it if it was smaller than her-ha! She of course received some wonderful gifts, including the book If You Give a Moose a Muffin. Grammie even got her the moose to go with it. Mommy & Daddy got a high chair, too. Uncle Adam gave Lyllian her first fishing shirt. He thinks she will be ready to go fishing this summer-we will see. Maw Maw gave Lyllian a new Jumping Exersaucer for her house. She got many more gifts, in fact I wasn't sure we would be able to make it home with all of it!
We started a tradition of getting new Christmas PJ's on Christmas Eve to wear to bed. This use to always be the one gift my brother and I got to open on Christmas Eve. Years later, when Adam and I weren't obessed with opening something on Christmas Eve, mom still gave us our PJ's to wear. Lyllian got to open hers and wear them this year.

Santa came to visit Little Lyl and brought her more great presents. Her favorite is in her stocking, it was a new teething ring that is soft, she loves it. She has also enjoyed her Praise Baby DVD that was in her stocking. My parents, brother, and grandmother came over for Christmas morning breakfast and to see what Santa left. Uncle Adam had the most fun playing with Lyllian's toys. He claims he was just trying to show her how is all worked-yeah, right!
We had a delicious breakfast of Paula Deen's French Toast Casserole and Sausage Casserole-it was YUMMY!

After Christmas morning at our house, we headed to Tim's grandparents in Bolivar. I think Lyllian had too much Christmas, she fell asleep at the table on Aunt Carla. Tim's family does a fun tradition with the kids since there are so many of them. They draw names at Thanksgiving so we aren't buying for all of them. EXCEPT, if it is your FIRST Christmas, everyone buys for you and you don't have to buy for anyone. We, well Lyllian, got to take part in this tradition this year. The adults play dirty Santa with Christmas ornaments. We had a great time!
The Sunday after Christmas, we went to Tim's mom's to celebrate in Camden. We had a great time and Lyllian loved her toys. She got a wagon ( I didn't think anyone had gotten her one, and I really wanted to have one), which I loved. She also got a game that shoots balls out of the stop, this was probably her favorite, she kept pulling it over on her and the air was blowing in her face. It was fun to watch her. We played Catch Phrase while there and I realized just how competitive Tim really is!!!-WOW!!!

I told you it was busy!! I also went shopping the day after Christmas, it was exhausting, but I got some great deals!!

Below is the picture in front of the tree of Lyllian and Katey, it was an experience just trying to get them to sit and stay still. This was the best of all of them, and we took PLENTY!!

We hope you all had a very Merry Christmas with your family & friends! We did, but man I'm exhausted!












No comments: